Metropolitan Transport Forum
- The targets for freight on rail have been abandoned following the Eddington report
- container growth through the PoMC is projected to rise from 2m TEU in 2008 to 8m in 2035
- the objective should be to move more tonnage with less emissions
- in Europe planning is being done for pre 2030 and post 2030.
- we should aim for the 'last mile' of freight to always be via clean vehicles. Consumption behaviour, including shopping via the internet, has increased the number of small delivery vehicles on the road. The highest cost is in the last mile