Planning training: some notes
about local policy:
- should not be regulatory; to apply as regulation is improper
- should be consistent
- to which clear meaning can be given; meaningful to help make decisions
- VCAT is required to consider; consider does not mean 'give effect to'
- the words of your local policy will be subjected to 'forensic examination'
'if its not in the scheme, its not worth the paper its written on'
Making decisions in planning:
- must be dispassionate
- 2 reasonable people could come to different conclusions